Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturdays are for food.

I just had a lovely Brunch with my girlfriend, Sarah, @ Mother's Bistro in downtown Portland. They have cozy tables with crystal chandeliers and floral patterned pillows everywhere. (Very shabby chic.) I love their concept and their food is delicious!

They focus their dinner menu on a different Mother each month and actually use her family recipes! They also write up a beautiful bio. explaining her cultural heritage and why these particular recipes are important. What an amazing idea, right? Wouldn't it be so great to compile a recipe book with the best recipes from everyones' families?

I came home to my daughter watching Cinderella and playing in her kitchen. I wonder if she was dreaming up all of her family recipes?










3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous Saturday! Your little one is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! She is a gem and a bundle of energy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother's Bistro sounds delish! What a great concept they got there. And your little girl looks so darling playing with her kitchen set, so cute!

    ReplyDelete